Tuesday, June 26, 2007

23 things #6


I've been playing with some Flickr mashups and have found some interesting ones:

  • Bubblr (http://www.pimpampum.net/bubblr/) - This application allows you to add a word "bubble" to your photos to create a comic strip or to simply add a caption. I though this would be great fun to use at home with photos of the family and kids. I always add captions to my photos and this would be a unique and creative twist to the way I usually do it (a sticker on the photo). I'm late to the world of digital photos (and am way backed up in my filing of the tons and tons of photos I have), so this would be perfect for those pic still in my camera. I'm a scrapbooker wannabe (want to do it, have lots of supplies, and lots of ideas, but no time to actually do anything) and with this I could just caption, print, and stick it in the book!

  • Waholizer (http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/warholizer.php#) - This one is just for fun. It turns your photos into an Andy Warhol-like print (inspired by the Marilyn Monroe painting). I tried a bunch of pictures, but none really looked great. At the beginning of this post, is a Warholized photo of the branch. Not identifiable at all - it kind of looks like a southwestern landscape to me. But if you could find the right picture, it would really be cool (and a nice addition to that "one day I'll actually get to it" scrapbook of mine).

No comments: